Friday, February 6, 2009

#5 - Dead Until Dark

Title: Dead Until Dark
Author: Charlaine Harris
Pages: 305
Genre: Fantasy

This is the first in the Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire series - of which there are 8 books so far (looks like a 9th comes out this year). This book was also the inspiration behind the HBO series "True Blood" starring Anna Paquin. And when I say "inspiration", I mean "exactly". Book one was pretty much True Blood season one, almost verbatim. After reading a fun scene, I ended up going back and watching the same scene on the show...just to see the book come to life! It was kinda fun.

I think I'll read some more in this series to see where it goes. The book was very enjoyable but I'd like to read another one where I don't already know exactly what's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment