Wednesday, July 29, 2009

#43 - Dark Lover

Title: Dark Lover - BDB #1
Author: J.R. Ward
Pages: 416
Genre: Fantasy, Romance

A new-to-me series that a friend just introduced me to. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Full-on romance in the vampire genre. Also...really FRACKING addictive! I read it in one sitting and then picked up the next one!

The first of the series centered around Wrath, king of the vampires, and Beth, whom he is sworn to protect. I really enjoyed this new twist on the vampire legend. I liked having the vampires as the "good guys" for once, and the slayers as evil. Very well written with a lot of detail but not overly so. It was very easy to fall into this new world. I highly recommend! :)

BLURB: In the shadows of the night there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed, leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate, Wrath must usher her into his world - and a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment