Friday, December 10, 2010

#47 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6)
Author: J.K. Rowling
Pages: 652
Genre: Fantasy, YA

I re-read this in anticipation of the new movie that just came out (Book 7, pt 1), but mostly because I didn't really care for the movie version of HBP. The book was too big for the movie and all the good stuff got cut out. It had been a couple years since I last read HBP, so I was due anyway. Such a great book and definitely put me in the mood for the new movie. Now I just need to get up the courage to re-read Deathly Hallows (which is my plan prior to the very last movie coming out).

BLURB: A darker book than any in the series thus far with a level of sophistication belying its genre, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince moves the series into murkier waters and marks the arrival of Rowling onto the adult literary scene. While she has long been praised for her cleverness and wit, the strength of Book 6 lies in her subtle development of key characters, as well as her carefully nuanced depiction of a community at war. No one and nothing is safe, including preconceived notions of good and evil and of right and wrong. A series that began as a colorful lark full of magic and discovery has become a dark and deadly war zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment