Friday, December 10, 2010

#48 - Discord's Apple

Title: Discord's Apple
Author: Carrie Vaughn
Pages: 304
Genre: Fantasy

One of my favorite fantasy/supernatural authors, so I had to pick up her newest book. Really quite unique! Gotta be honest though, I had a hard time getting into the story in the beginning. The plot is quite wacko and sneaks up on you. But once I figured out what was going on, I couldn't put it down. Now I can't wait for the next two Kitty books coming out in 2011! :)

BLURB: Taking a break from the Kitty Norville werewolf series, Vaughn melds a near-future world torn by war with the legend of the fall of Troy in this brilliantly structured, beautifully written stand-alone. Evie Walker is a comic book writer who leaves behind a strife-filled Los Angeles to care for her dying father in the small town of Hopes Fort, Colorado. Evie soon inherits the family legacy passed down over generations, as the country becomes hyperdefensive about possible terrorist threats. Intermingled with Evie's story is the tale of Sinon the Liar, who persuaded the Trojans to bring Odysseus's horse inside their walls. Vaughn brings together mythology, fairy tales, and very human lives, immersing readers in the stories these complex characters tell themselves to make sense of their war-torn worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment