Wednesday, March 11, 2009

#16 - Fort Collins Yesterdays

Title: Fort Collins Yesterdays
Author: Evadene Burris Swanson
Pages: 297
Genre: Non-Fiction, History

I finished this a few days ago, but just getting around to logging it. This was a little history book I picked up at the library. The writing was super dry, but it had a lot of information and lots of cool vintage pictures from the mid 1800 to the 1950's.

Just went to a talk at the library - third in a series of the history of Fort Collins and it was filled with slides of the same kinds of vintage photographs. I recognized a lot from the book and I'm starting to become familiar with a lot of the dates and town historical figures, founding fathers, etc. There was even a question put to the crowd that I was able to answer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment